Carrum Downs Scquilters

Photo diary of the monthly meetings of Carrum Downs Scquilters (at the Carrum Downs Library/Community Centre) on the first Wednesday of each month. We are all members of the Australasian Quilting group Southern Cross Quilters. The Library/Community Centre is located on Lyrebird Crescent - just near the corner of Hall Road - Melway page 100 ref: H3 (see L for library at location. If you need more information e-mail me helen.evans@nanderil.com.au or phone 0417263958.

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Wednesday 6th May 2015

Well, what happened to March and April? You may well ask. I could say that one of our cats
ate my home work. I could say I was away in March, and I could mention that I forgot to bring camera, notebook etc. in April. I think I’ll go with the cat ate my home work! I am so sorry, as I have been told the show and tell in March was spectacular and I know it was in April. Actually, the truth is that both Ramona and myself have had a string tragedies amongst family and friends and really just weren’t up to it.
However May was a really great meeting as it was our Cuppa for Cancer meeting and we raised a record – almost $500. Lots of fun was had. Our raffle prizes, donated by the late, lovely Joan Winkler and given with so much love, were stupendous. You would know if I had remembered to take a photo of them, but I was too excited because I was one of the lucky winners!
So much was donated to the trading table that many decided to break their fabric buying abstinence

No comments:

Blog Archive